We will hold our first OCP kick-off study group meeting on Monday, April 27th between 6pm and 8pm. This study group is for those people pursuing their Oracle Certified Professional designation and is focused on taking the 10g Administration II exam. For this first kick-off meeting, we will meet at the On the Border in Lewisville. The address is 1890 S Stemmons Fwy and you can call their phone number – (972) 315-8520 – if you get lost. It is close to Hwy 35, George W. Bush, and Hwy 121 so it should be a good midway point between Irving and Plano, but future locations and schedule times will be on the agenda.
Like the OCA group, we will be using the second half of the OCP All-In-One Certification Guide by Oracle Press. Although networking and study group discussion will take up the first half hour as we wait for others to show up. I anticipate that by 6:30, we will be jumping straight into a discussion of RMAN. In the book, we will be covering Chapters 23 and 24.
- Configure database parameters that affect RMAN operations
- Change RMAN default settings with CONFIGURE
- Manage RMAN’s persistent settings
- Start RAM utility and allocate channels
- Use the RMAN BACKUP command to create backup copies and image copies.
- Enable block change tracking
- Manage the backups and image copies taken with RMAN with the LIST and REPORT commands
Although we use the Oracle Press book as a guide, supplementary material will be used and the book is not a requirement for attending the group. Try to familiarize yourself with the topics to be covered before hand so that everyone can get the most out of our time spent together.